Life’s been super busy around here lately with holidays parties, birthdays, wedding festivities and gatherings, so I’ve been keeping our meals hella basic. In between going out for meals, we’ve been living off of bagels, soup, lasagna and this 20 minute brown sugar sesame salmon.
I’ve been having intense amounts of salmon cravings over the past couple of weeks so it’s been on the menu A LOT for dinner, mostly as this version, but sometimes as my blackened salmon tacos. Both are easy and fast to make which has been REALLY helpful when I’ve been gone all day with no desire to spend an hour in the kitchen when I get home.
Literally, you can just walk in the door, pour yourself a glass of wine, turn the oven on, pour the glaze over your salmon, pop it in the oven and chill until it’s done. I mean, you kind of need to throw together some kind of vegetable/carb unless you have something premade (I often do), but it’s minimal. You could probably forgo the vegetable if you’re REALLY unmotivated and I wouldn’t judge you if you just cooked some minute rice. We all gotta do what we gotta do to get dinner on the table after a long day.
FYI I’ve also perfected the art of reheating salmon without over cooking it. SO YES you can make more than you need and have leftovers to reheat tomorrow. YAAAAAS
Just throw it in the oven at 250F for about 10-15 minutes. It’ll be heated through without drying it out. Kinda like how you can throw leftover steak in the oven at 250F for 20-30 minutes then pan sear it for 30 seconds a side and have perfectly reheated, medium rare steak.
It’s a Christmas miracle.
Not really. But it helps with waste and makes your next night’s dinner even faster which is always a good thing.
Have a great weekend friends! We have a Christmas concert at church tonight and then I’m off to a bachelorette weekend in Collingwood for my sister.
Make it a good one!
- 2 6oz filets atlantic salmon
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, not packed
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp chili paste (I used sambal oelek)
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 275F
- Place salmon filets on foil lined baking sheet. Season lightly with salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour half the glaze over the salmon and place on the upper third rack of the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, pour a glass of wine.
- Remove salmon from oven, pour remaining glaze over the filets and place back in the oven for 5 minutes. If the salmon isn't done yet, broil for 2-3 minutes or until just cooked. Careful not to overcook the salmon.
- Serve with carb/veg of choice. And wine. Always wine.