These super easy chocolate strawberry cups make a perfect summer dessert. No oven required.
I swear this is my last strawberry recipe. I totally didn’t intend to post so many strawberry things this year but it just sort of happened. Strawberries in the summer is like pumpkin in the fall for me. I just need to make all the things with them.
I think I need a Strawberry category and a Pumpkin category. The latter will probably happen this year.
But it’s starting to get hot again after a bit of a temperature break where we didn’t even need the air conditioning… and now I’m back to not wanting to have to use my oven for everything. I mean, I’m still using it a good 4-5 days a week because 1. I’m recipe testing for fall and 2. I still crave things that require ovens in the summer.
Thank God for air conditioning and a house that’s 100% more efficient than our old place.
Also, thank God for things like chocolate + heavy cream.
Seriously. Is there anything like berries, heavy cream and chocolate? I’ll even just grab a few handfuls of berries, pop them in a small bowl and pour cream over them for a super fast and satisfying dessert. I can still fondly remember the days when we would buy raw dairy from a nearby farm (a cowshare but we can’t be bothered to go anymore…). We would get the straight up cream for things like coffee and banana dipping <— AMAZING. I was trying to gain weight at the time so it was very helpful to just dunk bananas in thicker than thick cream and happily eat away to get in seriously delicious and dense calories without a lot of bulk.
But anyway, I also often poured the cream over berries in the afternoon for the most delicious snack on the hot summer afternoon days.
These chocolate strawberry cups are kind of like that… but upgraded via milk chocolate (Or dark! Or white!) and whipping that cream in to light fluffy clouds. You can also lightly sweeten the cream like I prefer to do because sweetened whipped cream is basically a dream boat of pleasure.
Or, a dream cup of pleasure.
That was bad.
These are not. Make these chocolate strawberry cups, share with friends/family/neighbors on a summer afternoon or evening and relish in these long summer days.
- milk, dark or white chocolate
- heavy cream
- icing sugar (optional)
- fresh strawberries or your favorite berries
- Melt chocolate. My preference is in a pot placed inside a skillet with boiling water that comes up about an inch. Stir until completely melted then turn off your burner to stop the water from boiling.
- Spoon some melted chocolate in to foil muffin cups, using the spoon to spread the chocolate all around the cups.
- Place muffin cups in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours until completely set.
- When ready, whip some whipped cream until peaks form. Add a bit of icing sugar if you want it sweetened.
- Slice strawberries and place them in the bottom of the chocolate cups (or your favorite berries). Fill with whipped cream. Top with more strawberries/berries.
- Serve chilled.