I really hate dishes, so this one pot sausage butternut squash tortellini is everything right now.
It’s been cold and rainy lately which means all I crave is chili, pasta, squash and potatoes. This pasta is everything I want in my dinner life this fall and it couldn’t be easier.
We’re taking storebought sausage tortellini, chopped butternut squash, sage, spinach and butter and turning it in to something delicious and comforting in just 20 minutes. It doesn’t get easier or tastier, and it’s easy on the wallet.
This one pot sausage butternut squash tortellini is the ultimate fall weeknight meal. Enjoy friends!
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ small yellow or white onion
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried sage
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 250g sausage tortellini
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parmesan, to serve
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a medium pot/skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, butternut squash and dried sage and saute for 3-4 minutes or until onion is soft. Reduce heat to medium and add garlic and and tortellini and saute for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broth, cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until tortellini is cooked and squash is tender.
- Add spinach and remaining butter, stir to wilt and add salt and pepper to your liking. The sauce will thicken as it sits.
- Serve warm, topped with parmesan.