We have a thing for flatbread pizzas. Mostly because of the convenience but also because they’re delicious. Sure, sure, they aren’t the wood fired, thin crust, authentic Italian pizzas that we happily spend $16 per pizza on when we go out, but nothing ever will be without those ovens.
I totally have 2 pizza stones and an oven that can go high enough to get awesome char… but for the everyday, we’re totally happy with flatbreads. Especially when the flatbreads have pulled pork and hella cheese on them. Extra bbq sauce ’cause it’s delish and I’m a sucker for that sweet and salty taste party.
These have made super easy lunches for Mark this week which makes mornings easier. I just bake a bunch of pizzas at once, wrap them up individually and then grab one out of the fridge each morning for him before he leaves. So easy.
We somehow still have some pulled pork left after having it 1-2 times a day everyday since last Friday so tonight he wants it piled on top of a monster hot dog…. gross. I guess to each their own.
I’m going with the pizza.
- flabreads or naan breads, store bought or homemade
- leftover pulled pork (link in the post above or below)
- your favorite bbq sauce
- shredded mozzarella + cheddar
- sliced jalapenos, diced red onion, diced bell peppers, mushrooms, pinneapple, etc.
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread bbq sauce on each flatbread, top with pulled pork, cheese and toppings of choice.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is light golden brown and cheese is melty + bubbly.
- Eat warm!
Here’s my super simple recipe for pulled pork