These super easy KitKat blondies come together in just 10 minutes and are full of deep caramel flavor and crunchy KitKats. They’re soft, chewy, buttery and delicously sweet. They’ll be your new go-to blondie recipe!
So I changed my mind. On Tuesday I said I was going to share a curried coconut carrot soup which I DID make but didn’t photograph yet. I’m not always super great at sticking to my plans unless they involve Netflix (currently Jane the Virgin which is just ridiculously amazingly stupid and wonderful) and a bottle of Beringer’s White Zinfandel. Those plans I’m great at sticking to. Food plans? Not so much.
The recipe is coming soon…. probably next week BUUUT pretty much immediately after I finished cleaning up after making said soup, I had a very random and intense urge to make us some KitKat blondies. I needed chunks of chocolately KitKats surrounded by brown sugar and melted butter. All the women reading this understand that you can’t argue with hormones. You just can’t.
When your hormones tell you to make KitKat blondies… you make KitKat blondies. End of story.
I’m literally headed out the door this second(ish), latte in hand, blondies in tow for an Easter service at Mark’s business partner’s church. They’re probably going to be breakfast.
KitKat blondies and lattes for all!
Happy Easter beautiful people! Make yourself some blondies and have a fine ass long weekend!
- 6 TBSP melted butter
- ¾ C dark brown sugar
- 2½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ¾ C plus 2 TBSP all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- heaping ¼ tsp salt
- 1 C chopped KitKats
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease and line an 8x8inch pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar together on the stove in a small saucepan. Whisk until completely smooth and glossy. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and egg and whisk until light and creamy.
- In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- Pour the wet mixture in to the flour and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the KitKats.
- Spread in to prepared pan then bake on the center rack for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with just a few crumbs, the edges will be golden.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan then lift out carefully with the parchment paper. Cut in to squares and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container for 5-7 days.