I guess it could be easier if you didn’t dip the graham crackers in chocolate, but these really are the easiest ice cream sandwiches. Aside from buying them already made, I suppose.
I made these the other day out of desperation for an ice cream sandwich and the lack of desire to go buy them. I also had zero interest in making cookies or the cake-like chocolate stuff that’s usually on the outside of ice cream sandwiches.
I almost always have graham crackers in my cupboard because I love them and I loved them in my banana cream pie icebox cake, so it seemed only natural that covering them in chocolate and smooshing some salted caramel ice cream between them would be a good idea.
Next I wanted to dip them in white chocolate and fill them with pistachio ice cream, which is in my freezer as well.
We have 3 kinds of ice cream on the go currently.
We’re ice cream people. Ice cream sandwich people. Lazy, homemade ice cream sandwich people.
Also, can this heat go away? Because it’s hot and humid AF and I really want to start wearing my jeans regularly again.
- graham crackers
- dark, milk or white chocolate
- your fav ice cream
- Melt your chocolate either in a double boiler or in the microwave. Honestly, I just melt mine in a non-stick pot carefully right on the stove. I've never burnt it. You do you.
- Cover graham crackers in chocolate and place on foil lined cookie sheet.
- Place in the freezer to firm up for 5-10 minutes.
- Let ice cream sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes then scoop as much ice cream between the sandwiches as you'd like.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for at least 4 hours. Eat from the freezer.... or let it sit out for a few minutes before diving in. Foodie's choice.